After over twenty (20) years practicing law, Mark Francis Juba continues to effectively, reliably, and prayerfully serve churches, ministries, private Christian schools, and other nonprofits in any and every corporate matter. Mr. Juba essentially provides every client an external general counsel to personally guide them through every corporate and every transactional matter.
As a corporate, transaction, general counsel-type attorney, Mr. Juba’s well-known and well-respected legal counsel includes, but is not limited to, the following: formation; governance; operations; federal and state law exemptions; real property exemptions and transactions; board of directors; fiduciary duties; contracts; internal and external investigations; audits; conflict of interest; whistleblower; general corporate; corporate transactions; compliance; employment; human resources; training (numerous); mandatory reporting; healthcare; privacy; governmental inquiries; IRS matters; unrelated business income (UBIT); mergers and acquisitions; administrative law; litigation support; and related nonprofit matters.
Relying on this breadth and depth of nonprofit experience, Mr. Juba routinely advises clients across the United States to resolve federal, state, local, and administrative agency investigations. Clients regularly seek Mr. Juba’s official guidance on federal, state, and local statutes, regulations, conflicting internal and external governing documents, inquiries, investigations, and related formal concerns.
Prior to joining Gaines, Goodspeed & Juba P.C., Mr. Juba served as primary counsel for numerous nonprofit, publicly-owned, and privately-held national healthcare entities. Mr. Juba also served as chief legal officer and chief compliance officer for a national insurance holding company specializing in healthcare, workers’ compensation, third-party administration services, and a segregated portfolio cell reinsurance business. Mr. Juba also served as the director of compliance for the physician-owned network segment on behalf of one of the largest nonprofit healthcare organizations in the nation. Earlier, Mr. Juba served as a corporate and litigation associate in a large mid-Western law firm.
Ultimately, Mr. Juba employs a Christ-centered approach in advising clients, delivering successful outcomes, and establishing life-long attorney-client relationships.
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
Recognized Distinctions, Memberships, and Affiliations
- Texas Bar College, Professional Society of Legal Scholars
- Saint Catherine of Siena Catholic Church
- Regina Caeli Academy
- Saint Vincent de Paul Society
- Association Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics
- Certified in Healthcare Compliance (“CHC”)
- Association of Corporate Counsel Health Care Compliance
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Arizona Bar Association
- Indiana Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Texas Bar Association